Contact Lenses and Regular Eye Exams
Follow-up contact lens visits will ensure that your lenses fit properly; that your vision is clear... Having your eyes regularly examined can aid in the detection of certain conditions that could lead to the deterioration of your vision.
What can you expect in an vision exam if you are a contact lens wearer?
Follow-up contact lens visits will ensure that your lenses fit properly; that your vision is clear; your corneas are healthy and your lids are free from irritation. We also check for the following:
- Quality of contact lens- does it have protein or mucous deposits cracks or chips?
- Prescription of contact lenses- Contact lenses and spectacle prescriptions are not always the same.
- Fit of contact lenses on the eye. Your eye may change over time and as a result your contact lenses may need to be changed.
- Is the eye getting sufficient oxygen through the contact lens? Every one has different oxygen demands.
- If your contact lens solution is compatible with your eye.
Following a lens care regimen that is outlined by your eyecare provider will limit potential contact lens complications while ensuring clear and comfortable vision.