A Checklist To Prepare For Your Vision Exam
This checklist can help you make the most of your visit.
Before your appointment be aware of the following:
- Your family s eye health history (cataracts glaucoma macular degeneration etc.)
- Your general health conditions
- Prescriptions and any over-the-counter drugs you may be taking
- Signs and symptoms of eye-related problems you have noticed
- Prepare a list of any questions you might have about your vision
Take along the following:
- Glasses, contact lenses
- A pair of sunglasses (to reduce light sensitivity if dilating drops are used)
If required dilating eye drops may be used to perform a thorough retinal examination. As a result your eyes may be sensitive to light and you may have trouble reading. These symptoms disappear within four to six hours. Wearing sunglasses after your appointment will help minimize the light sensitivity.
We will inform you when you should return for your next exam.
We look forward to seeing you!