BioMedics® Toric contact lenses offer a unique lens design which:
- Provides optimum eye comfort because the lens tapers to a very thin edge, reducing interference from the eyelid
- Employs new technology that ensures a correctly fit lens and proper lens orientation on the eye * Features 55% water content
- Handles easily, for easy insertion and quick removal
- Is cup shaped, meaning you will never put the lenses in backwards
- Features high-quality optics BioMedics® Toric contact lenses are for those with astigmatism.
Astigmatism is a common vision condition affecting a large proportion of people. With a normal eye, the cornea (the clear lens in the front of the eye) is round, like an orange. The light rays focus evenly on the retina at the back of the eye. In the astigmatic eye, the cornea is oval like a lemon, preventing light from correctly focusing on the retina. The result is a distortion in the cornea causing blurred images. For many years, astigmatism could only be corrected with glasses, but today it can also be corrected with contact lenses. Consult our clinic to see if BioMedics® Toric contact lenses are right for you.