Thank you for purchasing … ACUVUE® OASYS™ with HYDRACLEAR® Plus Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM You have been prescribed ACUVUE® OASYS™ for ASTIGMATISM lenses. These lenses are designed to be worn for a two-week period and it is recommended that you remove these lenses each night before you go to bed. ACUVUE® OASYS™ lenses also provide UV-blocking*. With ACUVUE® OASYS™ for ASTIGMATISM with HYDRACLEAR™ Plus, your eyes are able to “breathe” with the high oxygen flow in and out of the eye, and discomfort is minimized with the low level of protein build-up. ACUVUE® OASYS™ for ASTIGMATISM also iincorporates a proprietary Stabilization Design to minimize shifting and lens rotation – critical factors for crisp, clear vision in patients with astigmatism like yourself.
1) Follow Directions - Be sure to follow wearing instructions exactly as they were given to you regarding proper use of your contact lenses.
2) Replace your Lenses –With your ACUVUE® OASYS™ lenses, be sure to use a fresh new pair of lenses every one/two weeks. In the case of extended wear, they should be changed every week.
3) General guidelines for wearing your lenses :
- Always clean and rinse your hands before handling your lenses.
- Do not use lenses that have passed their expiration date.
- Make a note of the correct lens power for each eye to avoid getting them switched.
- Discard any lens which has become dried out or damaged.
- Do not excessively rub your eyes while the lenses are in.
- Hot and windy conditions, as well as tasks requiring visual concentration such as working at a computer, may cause your eyes to feel dry. Look away at frequent intervals and blink often.
- Always keep a spare pair of glasses or lenses with you.
- Do not use old or dirty lens cases. Replace your lens case at regular intervals.
- If you wear cosmetic products, insert your lenses before applying eye makeup. Avoid getting lotion, soap, cream, hair spray, deodorant, perfume, or aerosol products on your contact lenses. If sprays are used, close your eyes until the spray has settled.
5) When lenses should not be worn – if you experience any of the symptoms below, you should immediately remove your lenses and allow your eyes to rest. If the symptoms persist, contact our clinic.
- The feeling of something in your eye
- Excessive watering, and eye secretions
- Redness of the eyes, burning, stinging or itching
- Sensitivity to light and rainbows/halos around objects
- Reduced lens comfort and excessive dryness
- Blurred vision
6) Eye Care Products and Medications Only use eye drops and solutions that have been recommended by our clinic. Not all solutions are suitable for contact lens wearers. Inform us if you experience any problems with your lenses while taking medication. We hope you enjoy clear comfortable vision with your ACUVUE® OASYS™ for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses.